Back Home



Posts were a bit non existent for the extended weekend since I went out of town to attend and photograph a friends wedding. It took place in Mackinaw City, and although the weather looked a bit bleak, it actually turned out really good. 

My wife and I made our way to the island when we were up there and rode around on that awesome yellow tandem. However, for anyone's future reference, a 1 speed tandem is NOT the ideal bike for an 8 mile ride. We made it around the island fine but it was not the easiest ride (plus bring water, we left ours in the car, on the mainland, far away from us on the tandem).

I also took a couple night shots while I was there, it was so dark out at our campground, and I couldn't resist. I only got a couple shots off (with a 30 second exposure, at f/4 and at iso1600 it wasn't light enough, and I got impatient and sleepy, I had been in the car for 10 hours right before this) and it was my first time shooting the stars, so they didn't turn out that good.

However, I still couldn't resist posting a bit of this blog's inspiration.

2 comments:

July 27, 2009 at 9:26 AM

laura said...

love, love, love the tandem bike! so excellent...

i really enjoy the shot of the stars too... i think it turned out pretty great. i'd love to see more!

July 27, 2009 at 9:59 AM

RiRi Willow said...

if your on mackinac island of course you ride a one speed!!! i mean come on! buck up and get get with it man, without the complaints! hahah

and yeah the pics look good!

Post a Comment