Not just for kids



I have came across House Industries from time to time mostly looking at their typefaces. However, every once in awhile, something else of theirs catches my eye, and it seems like they always know what I like. Sometimes it is a large iron ampersand (how did they know I liked them?), and today it is building blocks. I have a couple sets of blocks around here, yet I don't have any kids, or any family members that age, but I don't care. It helps (and I use it as my excuse) that I did my senior thesis on using blocks to initiate early reading in children.

House's blocks are way beyond mine though, and I would not mind getting my hands on a set, another thing in the wish list. Here is what they say about them:

Neutraface Slab Blocks: $35

Children need to understand the important nuances that define fine alphabets long before they learn how to spell cat, dog, mom, dad or 529 college savings plan. To that end, we have developed this compact set of 12 Neutraface Slab alphabet blocks that will transmit subliminal stylistic messages to both young impressionable minds or the odd dolt whose narrow view of typography is defined by a partial screening of the Helvetica movie.

  • 12 Wood Alphabet Blocks
  • Blocks 1 3/4" (4.5 cm) square
  • Kit 8" x 6.5" (20 cm x 16.5 cm)
  • Debossed Neutraface Slab Pattern
  • Made in the USA!
  • Replenishable Michigan-grown, kiln-dried basswood.
  • Printed with non-toxic, lead-free child-safe inks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment