Happy as a Labbit


Today was my Birthday and I'd have to say there isn't much better then an awesome wife that gets you a Happy Labbit. Wait, maybe there is... Add in a scavenger hunt around the apartment to find all of his accessories. YES, that is even better!

So this is my new friend above with his popsicle, piece of grass, gas mask, and hotdog. He will soon go to the office to live with Ribeye, Zapp Branigan and Mom.

The only problem with all of the Kid Robot toys is they are blind assortment so you don't know what you are going to get for accessories (or in the case of dunnys, munnys, smorkin' labbits, the actual figure is a mystery, unless you go to ebay, where you can pick the one you want). The mystery of it though just you want more of them. If you check out the link he has a ton of great little add-ons. Pipes, mustaches, bubbles, drool, all very cool.

I am trying to not get addicted to them and keep the collection small but there are so many cool ones out there. I really want to add to my Futurama collection since they are amazing but there are some specific other ones that are good too. I just don't wan to end up with shelves and shelves of them.

So go check out the Labbit, and right now a lot of them are on sale for "Stop Smorkin'" Month.

In honor of a great gift I think I am going to make this week great gift week. I will show a few of the great things I have found to make every geek, designer, typophile, and eccentric person in your life happy.

4 comments:

May 18, 2010 at 4:48 PM

RiRi Willow said...

I love that little guy! He is sooo cute! I want one! I will probably be one of those people with the shelves upon shelves of figurines... well... hopefully not, but maybe... i'm semi on my way! hahah
it will just be sad when i look upon them and go... 5 x $10 + $7 x 4 + 5 x $8.99 and then realize how many hundreds of dollars was spent on little figurine guys hahah oh well.

Scavenger hunt of toys?! I want that too! ^^

May 18, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Josh - The Large Bear said...

yeah, when you start adding up the prices of them it is sad. but that is how it is with any of my collections. My posters, vintage cameras, movies, kid robot toys and so on.

May 18, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Christopher said...

I checked out their store in NYC last year and it was pretty awesome. They had tons of the littles guys in all different sizes all over the store. Definitely try to go if you get a chance.

May 19, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Josh - The Large Bear said...

That sounds awesome.

When we went to the Cooper Hewitt in NY for the 20th century design thing they had a lot of the kid robot toys in a part of the museum. They had like a 5 foot tall Dunny that was a chalkboard and you could draw on him. That was pretty cool. That is where Ribeye came from, special Cooper Hewitt Edition

Post a Comment